Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-08 19:19:10

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Scratch 2.0

Its coming in a few weeks! What do you all think about it? I've tried it for a bit, feels like rediscovering scratch (especially the really small "bugs" that come with every program). I would fully participate (but I can't), but I'm not allowed to talk about that much here.
New blocks are cool (especially make your own block), but it feels weird calling Backgrounds Backdrops.
Some things like the costume menu and sprite list feel different and I'd expect it would take a while to get used to them.
The new system is quite different from the old website, but I hope its going to be more intuitive (like friending).
However, some things like cloning make my computer slow, when 1.4 didn't do so. Hope there'll be a cloning warning.
I hope cloud variables will come back without taking away much functionality.
One of my greatest suggestion would be a button to toggle between the old and new looks.
And finally, due to something which I cannot talk about here (see top), I might not be allowed to access S2 in the full release.

So yeah. Discuss.

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#2 2013-02-08 19:38:33

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Re: Scratch 2.0

You can talk about this on the Scratch 2.0 forums. If you have any specific feedback, you can use the feedback forum, where the Scratch Team will also likely read it.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0