Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-31 13:47:30

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

PMs in Scratch - Working! Yay!

[link removed by Mod Share Team - we don't allow encrypted text on this site, and therefore don't allow posting about it on Scratch]

Last edited by jvvg (2013-01-20 13:43:28)

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#2 2013-01-19 12:30:58

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Re: PMs in Scratch - Working! Yay!

Bump (I remember this thread had some more bumps, but apparently not)

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#3 2013-01-19 22:36:35

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

I would just like to remind you that posting unreadable material on this site is not allowed, as it can often be used to hide messages disrespectful to people. I also believe Paddle2See deleted unreadable material in one of your posts a while back due to its unreadability.
So, effective now, you may not post encrypted or unreadable material on this website. If the moderation team can't read it (if it's in another language, we can either ask a friend or use Google Translate), then it can be used to post disrespectful content in a way that we can't catch it.

Last edited by LS97 (2013-01-20 05:23:12)

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#4 2013-01-20 11:07:07

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Question about "post disrespectful content". People do that a lot on Scratch. For example, I had posted "IDTS" in the wiki (I was in a hurry and couldn't type it out fully ("I don't think so.")), and I got misinterpreted. Badly. He/she said I was calling him/her "an idiot". It made me feel very bad, and since I was banned, I couldn't even correct/delete it. He/she could have asked me what it meant.

"hide messages disrespectful to people" Actually, the ST has also posted messages which may be (and probably are) offensive to some. It wasn't private yet, but..
"due to its unreadability" because I wanted to make sure no-one would get mad at it.

Last edited by Molybdenum (2013-01-20 11:07:24)

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#5 2013-01-20 11:21:43

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

"due to its unreadability" because I wanted to make sure no-one would get mad at it.

If you don't want people to get mad at disrespectful comments, don't post them. Making them unreadable is not an excuse to post disrespectful comments, even if they're not disrespectful to the person you're sending them to.

#6 2013-01-20 11:26:32

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

Question about "post disrespectful content". People do that a lot on Scratch. For example, I had posted "IDTS" in the wiki (I was in a hurry and couldn't type it out fully ("I don't think so.")), and I got misinterpreted. Badly. He/she said I was calling him/her "an idiot". It made me feel very bad, and since I was banned, I couldn't even correct/delete it. He/she could have asked me what it meant.

Always be careful when posting. Always remember: think before you click. On this site, if it's obviously disrespectful and is reported to us (in that case, it probably wouldn't be), we will take action, but it seems the reader misinterpreted it, we will explain.

Molybdenum wrote:

"hide messages disrespectful to people" Actually, the ST has also posted messages which may be (and probably are) offensive to some. It wasn't private yet, but..

Can you please give me an example? (Admin messages telling you to behave are not disrespectful, they're just trying to keep the site safe)

#7 2013-01-20 12:40:42

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

If you don't want people to get mad at disrespectful comments, don't post them. Making them unreadable is not an excuse to post disrespectful comments, even if they're not disrespectful to the person you're sending them to.

That's not what I was talking about..

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

Always be careful when posting. Always remember: think before you click. On this site, if it's obviously disrespectful and is reported to us (in that case, it probably wouldn't be), we will take action, but it seems the reader misinterpreted it, we will explain.

It wasn't even reported. It was just sitting there, right where everyone could see.

Molybdenum wrote:

Can you please give me an example? (Admin messages telling you to behave are not disrespectful, they're just trying to keep the site safe)

P2S: "If you were a moderator...you could help stop posting fads." (not found by me)

" "rico, you can certainly use Scratch without using the website. You could also configure your network to disable access to a particular page (the Chinese government does it all the time smile )" Won't some Chinese be offended? We think so."

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#8 2013-01-20 13:40:49

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

P2S: "If you were a moderator...you could help stop posting fads." (not found by me)

Paddle removed it in your "What not to do guide", but you put it back. Clicky!. I remember that clearly.

We would also appreciate it if you would stop playing the blame game and accusing the Scratch Team of all this stuff. It has nothing to do with posting encrypted material and hiding disrespectful comments.

I'm closing this topic due to the fact that it's essentially implementing a feature that we don't allow.

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0