Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-11 10:22:44

estile
Mod Share-er

idea to rekindle interest in scratchmods

my idea is that someone could create a block based editor that can compile to squeak, so as to make it easy for the average scratcher to mod 1.4 without extra programming experience, and would make mods a lot more accessible and interesting to people who only know scratch's block based layout.

the following statement is void where prohibited
this statement is prohibited

#2 2013-07-11 15:38:53

SFollis
Mod Share-er

Re: idea to rekindle interest in scratchmods

It's possible, but very, very, very hard to do, i could try to do that with some scratch mod with file reading and resetting, but i would have to learn the format and hope that it uses something like formatting in HTML, CSS Et cetera, which notepad and other text editors use to read files. <-- if that made no sense, i can see how it wouldn't make sense tongue

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

#3 2013-07-11 18:45:06

estile
Mod Share-er

SFollis wrote:

It's possible, but very, very, very hard to do, i could try to do that with some scratch mod with file reading and resetting, but i would have to learn the format and hope that it uses something like formatting in HTML, CSS Et cetera, which notepad and other text editors use to read files. <-- if that made no sense, i can see how it wouldn't make sense tongue

just wondering if you know, What is squeak programmed in?

the following statement is void where prohibited
this statement is prohibited

#4 2013-07-11 19:13:06

SFollis
Mod Share-er

estile wrote:
SFollis wrote:

No, sad

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

#5 2013-07-11 19:28:16

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

estile wrote:
SFollis wrote:

smalltalk

Mod Share- with Collab Features!
vQqtH.png
Learning Programming in a Nutshell: "You're missing a closing parenthesis" - LS97

#6 2013-07-12 06:09:37

LS97
Mod Share Team

SJRCS_011 wrote:
estile wrote:
SFollis wrote:

smalltalk

Squeak is a programming language that branched off from smalltalk by adding a plethora of useful functions and libraries.
It's not, per se, "programmed in" anything, but the Squeak VM (which interprets the Squeak source to turn it into running code) and its DLL extensions are open source and written in C / C++.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#7 2013-07-13 15:28:48

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

LS97 wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:
estile wrote:

smalltalk

Squeak is a programming language that branched off from smalltalk by adding a plethora of useful functions and libraries.
It's not, per se, "programmed in" anything, but the Squeak VM (which interprets the Squeak source to turn it into running code) and its DLL extensions are open source and written in C / C++.

I though squeak was smalltalk written in smalltalk hmm  Hmm, seems I'm misinformed on a bunch of stuff these days xD

Mod Share- with Collab Features!
vQqtH.png
Learning Programming in a Nutshell: "You're missing a closing parenthesis" - LS97

#8 2013-09-26 14:39:48

dvd4
Mod Share-er

SJRCS_011 wrote:
LS97 wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:

smalltalk

I though squeak was smalltalk written in smalltalk hmm  Hmm, seems I'm misinformed on a bunch of stuff these days xD

^^ true dat tongue

R.I.P scratch

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0