Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-15 17:47:06

GP1
Mod Share-er

Social Login and Facebook

I think that a social login would bring in more visitors. They wouldn't have to login to use Mod Share. If you want to use it, use Loginradius.

And also, you could make a Facebook app to put posts on users walls, like: "…… uploaded [project name] on [date] using Mod Share with the mod [mod name]"

Im back, and Kitcat 1.3 Modcamp has been started again! Want to suggest a mod? Post here!

#2 2012-01-15 20:03:44

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
Website

Re: Social Login and Facebook

GP1 wrote:

I think that a social login would bring in more visitors. They wouldn't have to login to use Mod Share. If you want to use it, use Loginradius.

And also, you could make a Facebook app to put posts on users walls, like: "…… uploaded [project name] on [date] using Mod Share with the mod [mod name]"

No. We are not using social login. This site is a private system, and is independent of other sites. The only system that our login system is related to is the Scratch system.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

#3 2012-01-15 21:29:48

GP1
Mod Share-er

jacob wrote:
GP1 wrote:

No. We are not using social login. This site is a private system, and is independent of other sites. The only system that our login system is related to is the Scratch system.

Oh well. It was worth a try.........

Im back, and Kitcat 1.3 Modcamp has been started again! Want to suggest a mod? Post here!

#4 2012-01-16 17:02:33

LS97
Mod Share Team

GP1, it's a cool thing you proposed, but there are several reasons for which we don't really want to do this.

First of all, there's always the security aspect. Of course, they say it's all private and stuff, but we made a promise not to share any info with third parties, nor do we want to rely on the third parties for their info. Some users might also be suspicious, and some might not want to create an account on their sites.

Second, it's very difficult for us to code in the integration with our personal upload system, the forums, and all the site's features. The parameters we use aren't exactly those of every other site.

Finally, we want to keep close integration with the Scratch accounts as most people here come from there wink So by using our own system we can not only code some sort of check against the Scratch servers, but we can keep track of it and change it when we want.

Of course, if you have another good suggestion, don't hesitate big_smile

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#5 2012-01-22 21:00:47

GP1
Mod Share-er

Yeah. I just now thought of security issues. I will think of the issues the next time I make a suggestion big_smile

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0