Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-21 09:42:48

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
Website

Move to ScratchR.org?

This is now a moot point.

We asked the Scratch Team, and they said no (they also said they no longer give out subdomains of ScratchR.org).

Should we move Mod Share to ScratchR.org?

1. Yes
  2. Maybe
  3. No
Total votes: 9

Poll is closed

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

#2 2012-07-21 10:15:45

ftf841
Mod Share-er
Website

Re: Move to ScratchR.org?

NO I LIKE MODSHARE  THE WAY IT IS. CAPS LOCK IS on.

Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa!

#3 2012-07-21 10:20:49

jacob
Website

ftf841 wrote:

NO I LIKE MODSHARE  THE WAY IT IS. CAPS LOCK IS on.

The reason we want to move to ScratchR.org is that some people can't connect. You may like it the way it is, but the ones who can't connect don't. hmm

However, if we did that, this URL would still work.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#4 2012-07-21 17:21:24

jacob
Website

stevetheipad wrote:

So the only problem is that you need a new domain?

No, the problem is actually with the server. It appears using 1FreeHosting was a bad idea (remember the problems with your forums?).
Using a new domain wouldn't help, we need to switch servers entirely.

That is why I am making this poll.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#5 2012-07-21 20:43:38

jacob
Website

stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

So the only problem is that you need a new domain?

No, the problem is actually with the server. It appears using 1FreeHosting was a bad idea (remember the problems with your forums?).

Why don't you think it has to do with dot.tk, then?

I think that because I tried using a subdomain of futuresight.org for a little while, and I still couldn't access it from some networks.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#6 2012-07-23 16:49:49

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:

I think that because I tried using a subdomain of futuresight.org for a little while, and I still couldn't access it from some networks.

Weird, I've never had any problems with 1FH. It's hard to tell who's trustworthy in the internet age. sad

jvvg, did you know that the 1Freehosting, x90x, Powrhost, 3owl, and several other hosting companies actually run on Hosting24 servers bought by Youhosting? (Hosting24 is the premium 000webhost service)
So when you thought you changed hosts, you really didn't tongue
Now, for my 2 cents on this:
Yes, moving to scratchr.org may clear up some people's troubles with accessing the site, but it would basically give modshare an edge in people's minds over other mod sharing websites (i.e. Mod Play and any sites that will use it's framework), when, IMHO, I don't think this site should.  After all, Scratch supports open-source, but this site isn't.  Why should they, then, give an advantage to a closed-source website over several possible open-source ones?
OK, and why now am I not the "Ultimate Answer!"?

Last edited by SJRCS_011 (2012-07-23 16:50:28)

Mod Share- with Collab Features!
vQqtH.png
Learning Programming in a Nutshell: "You're missing a closing parenthesis" - LS97

#7 2012-07-23 16:59:00

jacob
Website

SJRCS_011 wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

Weird, I've never had any problems with 1FH. It's hard to tell who's trustworthy in the internet age. sad

jvvg, did you know that the 1Freehosting, x90x, Powrhost, 3owl, and several other hosting companies actually run on Hosting24 servers bought by Youhosting? (Hosting24 is the premium 000webhost service)
Yes, moving to scratchr.org may clear up some people's troubles with accessing the site, but it would basically give modshare an edge in people's minds over other mod sharing websites (i.e. Mod Play and any sites that will use it's framework), when, IMHO, I don't think this site should.  After all, Scratch supports open-source, but this site isn't.  Why should they, then, give an advantage to a closed-source website over several possible open-source ones?

Our Terms of Use wrote:

This site is copyrighted to the Mod Share Team. All code on this site is copyrighted to that team. The HTML, JS, and CSS code may NOT be copied for any reason except for purely educational purposes (fair use). However, the PHP code on this site may be neither viewed nor copied for any reason unless you get permission from the Mod Share Team. Many parts of this site are available upon request

Parts of this site are available on request, so we are not completely closed-source. Only stuff like the way we store passwords is entirely confidential.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#8 2012-07-23 17:03:21

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

jacob wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:

Our Terms of Use wrote:

This site is copyrighted to the Mod Share Team. All code on this site is copyrighted to that team. The HTML, JS, and CSS code may NOT be copied for any reason except for purely educational purposes (fair use). However, the PHP code on this site may be neither viewed nor copied for any reason unless you get permission from the Mod Share Team. Many parts of this site are available upon request

Parts of this site are available on request, so we are not completely closed-source. Only stuff like the way we store passwords is entirely confidential.

Ah, but you aren't completely open-source either; after all, people would ave to request the source code, while, with Scratch, anyone is free to use it.

vQqtH.png
Learning Programming in a Nutshell: "You're missing a closing parenthesis" - LS97

#9 2012-07-23 17:04:41

LS97
Mod Share Team

That's simply due to my condition of extreme laziness where I do not want to censor the code before anyone actuslly needs it smile

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#10 2012-07-23 17:04:58

jacob
Website

SJRCS_011 wrote:
jacob wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

Our Terms of Use wrote:

Ah, but you aren't completely open-source either; after all, people would ave to request the source code, while, with Scratch, anyone is free to use it.

That is for security purposes, as sensitive data is stored here and we are not positive that the security system is completely secure.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#11 2012-07-24 12:00:16

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

ok, how can  you change your vote?

vQqtH.png

#12 2012-07-24 12:05:20

jacob
Website

SJRCS_011 wrote:

You can't, but I can.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#13 2012-07-24 13:09:14

SJRCS_011
Community Moderator
Website

jacob wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:

You can't, but I can.

Wait, so you can change my vote?
If so, please do to yes

Last edited by SJRCS_011 (2012-07-24 13:09:25)

vQqtH.png

#14 2012-07-24 13:15:07

jacob
Website

SJRCS_011 wrote:
jacob wrote:
SJRCS_011 wrote:

You can't, but I can.

Wait, so you can change my vote?
If so, please do to yes