Link to Mod Share Mod Share

  Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-27 10:21:50

Mrsrec
Mod Share-er
From: right behind you
Registered: 2013-03-28
Posts: 38

Mod Share Software?

Does Anyone Have It?


In An Effort To Not Look Like A Spambot, I Have Created This Signature

Offline

#2 2014-09-27 21:23:26

jvvg
Mod Share Team
From: United States
Registered: 2012-09-16
Posts: 615
Website

Re: Mod Share Software?


wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Offline

#3 2014-09-30 09:05:28

Mrsrec
Mod Share-er
From: right behind you
Registered: 2013-03-28
Posts: 38

Re: Mod Share Software?

jvvg wrote:

Not What I Meant. As In Like,

Oh, This Is Not What I've Seen Before

Last edited by Mrsrec (2014-09-30 09:05:48)


In An Effort To Not Look Like A Spambot, I Have Created This Signature

Offline

#4 2015-10-14 20:13:44

Mrsrec
Mod Share-er
From: right behind you
Registered: 2013-03-28
Posts: 38

Re: Mod Share Software?

How Do You Install It?


In An Effort To Not Look Like A Spambot, I Have Created This Signature

Offline

#5 2015-10-28 08:36:44

jvvg
Mod Share Team
From: United States
Registered: 2012-09-16
Posts: 615
Website

Re: Mod Share Software?

Mrsrec wrote:

How Do You Install It?

You need to set it up on a PHP/MySQL server following the instructions in the README file.


wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Offline

#6 2016-01-14 20:49:19

Krett12
Mod Share-er
Registered: 2016-01-14
Posts: 59

Re: Mod Share Software?

I also have a question about the software. How in the world can it play mods with blocks it doesn't know about?

Offline

#7 2016-01-14 21:52:16

jvvg
Mod Share Team
From: United States
Registered: 2012-09-16
Posts: 615
Website

Re: Mod Share Software?

Krett12 wrote:

I also have a question about the software. How in the world can it play mods with blocks it doesn't know about?

It can't unfortunately. It just works with the Scratch blocks, so the web player often doesn't work that well and you need to download the projects for them to work the best.


wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Offline

#8 2016-01-14 23:17:02

Krett12
Mod Share-er
Registered: 2016-01-14
Posts: 59

Re: Mod Share Software?

jvvg wrote:
Krett12 wrote:

I also have a question about the software. How in the world can it play mods with blocks it doesn't know about?

It can't unfortunately. It just works with the Scratch blocks, so the web player often doesn't work that well and you need to download the projects for them to work the best.

Then why even have the player?!?!

Offline

#9 2016-01-15 13:36:37

jvvg
Mod Share Team
From: United States
Registered: 2012-09-16
Posts: 615
Website

Re: Mod Share Software?

Krett12 wrote:
jvvg wrote:
Krett12 wrote:

I also have a question about the software. How in the world can it play mods with blocks it doesn't know about?

It can't unfortunately. It just works with the Scratch blocks, so the web player often doesn't work that well and you need to download the projects for them to work the best.

Then why even have the player?!?!

It helps populate the page, and it can give a little bit of an impression about what the project looks like. Also, if we can ever get a modded player working, we have the layout ready to go.


wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Offline

#10 2016-01-20 01:53:06

Krett12
Mod Share-er
Registered: 2016-01-14
Posts: 59

Re: Mod Share Software?

Those all sound like very good reasons. Are there any reasons against it? I know I can't think of any.

Offline

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0