Link to Mod Share Mod Share

Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-30 11:16:57

SFollis
Mod Share-er

Which Scratch Modification Should I Use?

I want to make a program that will figure out how fast the universe is accelerating, but, I need a scratch mod that reads image files (no not .image, i mean .png, .jpg etc.).

So you know what I mean here:

A camera will have a SD card has Wi-Fi, therefore downloading it to my computer, it will download in a folder, then, the scratch mod will ask you to select an area, then whenever it finds a new image, it will look in that area, and find the hue, therefore, plotting it on the Y axis, and the X axis is time.

I might also add a supernova finding option too. But anyways that may not have made sense and, if it didn't, I'd probably need to explain it more.

So what scratch mod should I use?

Panther: color blocks (needed to use everything tongue it needs the hue -- hue block -- which is why this could work, but it can't read .png or .jpg's)

Dream: reading images (I think... does it?)

Anyways, please vote in the poll which would work the best.

Also if this isn't in the right topic section, could you move it please?

What mod should I use?

1. Dream
  2. Panther
  3. Insanity
  4. Bingo
  5. Other
Total votes: 1

Results of poll are hidden from guests

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

#2 2013-08-17 05:05:18

LS97
Mod Share Team

Re: Which Scratch Modification Should I Use?

Bingo has both a fairly good colour support and it natively reads images into variables and costumes. The images can be from disk or online.

Problem is, you have to browse for the image each time you import one, so you can't specify the file path in the project.
It's a bit of a hassle and I'm surprised I didn't think about that when I programmed Bingo. However, if you have modding experience you can try editing the import image code to use an input field in the project code.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#3 2013-08-17 11:14:29

SFollis
Mod Share-er

Re: Which Scratch Modification Should I Use?

LS97 wrote:

Bingo has both a fairly good colour support and it natively reads images into variables and costumes. The images can be from disk or online.

Problem is, you have to browse for the image each time you import one, so you can't specify the file path in the project.
It's a bit of a hassle and I'm surprised I didn't think about that when I programmed Bingo. However, if you have modding experience you can try editing the import image code to use an input field in the project code.

oh cool! I'll try bingo. I can create my own block to pick out the latest image from a folder.

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0