Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-15 23:32:14

Tierage
New Mod Share-er

My ideas for the Mod Share Website

I really like the idea of Mod Share. Sharing projects from Scratch mods. Yet, I think the site is quite poorly designed. After looking through the site a bit, I have created a list of things you could do to make the site look much better.

1. On the homepage, there are 3 rows only containing 3 projects. I think there should be a much longer row of projects so that you can find more from the homepage rather than nine.
2. I think the site would look better with a sidebar that had boxes in this order:
- Search Bar
- Login Box
- My Stuff Box (might contain a picture of one of your projects)
- Contact Us (can be a form or a button)
3. I think the top bar could use a better gradient. Perhaps the logo could have a black background that fades to a dark grey color when it reaches the navigation?
4. I think the navigation bar could be made of buttons.
5. I think that the navigation labels should be: [Home] [Users] [Browse] [Forums] [Profile].
6. Perhaps the users page could be divided into boxes for each user? Also, it looks a bit too list-y.
7. I think the profile page could look less bland.
8. What if there was a Mod Share wiki for information on Scratch mods and the site? It might seem a bit unreasonable, so this is just an added idea I thought of randomly after using the Scratch wiki.

Those are my suggestions for the Mod Share site. Sorry if you took it angrily or negatively, because it was made to help make the site look nicer.

Thanks!

Do you like these ideas?

1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Most of them
  4. Barely any of them
Total votes: 5

Results of poll are hidden from guests

#2 2013-08-16 08:06:22

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Re: My ideas for the Mod Share Website

Unfortunately, we are not adding new features to the site for now.

If we start adding features in the future, we will definitely consider these.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#3 2013-08-16 16:59:05

Tierage
New Mod Share-er

Re: My ideas for the Mod Share Website

Okay. But still, I don't really feel like hanging out on the site that much because of it's layout. If it looked much better and was easier to use, then I would be on Mod Share all the time.

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0