Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-05 21:25:02

ImagineIt
New Mod Share-er

.bingo Trouble

How do I get bingo to be the default program that uses .bingo files?

#2 2013-05-05 21:32:54

ImagineIt
New Mod Share-er

Re: .bingo Trouble

Also Insanity please.

#3 2013-05-06 01:45:29

LS97
Mod Share Team

On Windows, you can double click on a bingo file and it will ask you to choose a program to open it with. Select Bingo (either from the list that is provided or by browsing to Bingo.exe in your installation folder). Then check the box that asks whether you want to use the program every time this kind of file is opened.
You might run into the problem that Squeak doesn't find the image file. When that happens, open the Registry by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing regedit. Then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Classes/bingo_auto_file/shell/open/command and change the value of (Default) to the following string:

"path of EXE which is already there" "path of Bingo.image" %1

For example, mine is

"Q:\Squeak\Bingo.exe" "Q:\Squeak\Bingo.image" %1

On Mac, right click a Bingo file and select Get Info, then navigate to the Open With tab at the bottom. Choose Bingo from either the provided list or browse for it. Click Change All, and confirm. This time you shouldn't get any problems because a setting is already included in the Mac version of Bingo to open the image automatically, but tell us if you do.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#4 2013-05-06 10:04:42

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

For Insanity, you follow the same steps, except the extension is .ins and use the path for Insanity.exe. I will write an automated script to do this for you later.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0