Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-01 18:06:08

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Explain better why suggestions are rejected

My suggestion recently got locked with a very confusing crpytic message for its rejection. Could we make rejections be explained better?

Last edited by Molybdenum (2013-01-01 18:08:26)

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#2 2013-01-01 18:22:05

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Re: Explain better why suggestions are rejected

If we don't feel a suggestion is necessary for the site or worth the time and effort it takes to program it, then we decide not to implement it.

As for a better explanation of the reason, what LS97 means is that all thumbnails are the same size (it automatically stretches them to 120x90 on the front page). Adding a border won't help much.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#3 2013-01-01 18:23:45

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:

If we don't feel a suggestion is necessary for the site or worth the time and effort it takes to program it, then we decide not to implement it.

As for a better explanation of the reason, what LS97 means is that all thumbnails are the same size (it automatically stretches them to 120x90 on the front page). Adding a border won't help much.

The TNs are the same on Scratch. They have a border. Borders around things which may have a white BG makes the front page look good, and that's what we want, for people to look and stay, instead of look and leave, right?

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#4 2013-01-01 18:25:37

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

The TNs are the same on Scratch. They have a border. Borders around things which may have a white BG makes the front page look good, and that's what we want, for people to look and stay, instead of look and leave, right?

Just because Scratch has something doesn't mean we need to. A border won't really make it look any better, at least not the way we organize projects right now.

#5 2013-01-01 18:29:28

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Oh alright :sad:
Can I take another step? I've done everything I can
All the people that I see I will never understand
If I find a way to change, if I step into the light
Then I'll never be the same, and it all will fade to white

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#6 2013-01-02 07:30:24

LS97
Mod Share Team

The specific reason for closing that thread was that you deleted the original one (which had my reply) and reposted a copy. That's gaming the community and it's not allowed on Mod Share. It didn't have anything to do with the suggestion, that of course was rejected but could have remained open for discussion.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#7 2013-01-02 11:21:53

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

"the whole topic will be permanently deleted." I don't see how you can see a topic that's permanently deleted.

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#8 2013-01-02 11:32:48

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

"the whole topic will be permanently deleted." I don't see how you can see a topic that's permanently deleted.

Where was that said? We never said anything about a user delete being permanent.

#9 2013-01-02 11:47:05

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

JTXWJ.png
That's what we see if we click delete.

Last edited by Molybdenum (2013-01-02 11:47:32)

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#10 2013-01-02 11:49:31

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/JTXWJ.png
That's what we see if we click delete.

Oh, that's because of FluxBB. The soft deletes are a software hack, so it didn't update all of the pages.
However, that's still no excuse for gaming the community like that. If you don't do that, it shouldn't matter whether your deletes are permanent or not.

#11 2013-01-04 12:08:45

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

You changed it... That's

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#12 2013-01-04 12:36:22

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

You changed it... That's

Hey, it's not our fault that the FluxBB mod we installed didn't update the deletion message.
Some of the mods have small issues like that, and those issues can go unnoticed for months until somebody points them out.

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0