Mod Share-er

Prevent sending more than one comment every 5 seconds

To prevent double/triple miscomments.

Support?

1. Yes
  2. No
Total votes: 4

Results of poll are hidden from guests

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#2 2012-12-28 11:43:58

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Re: Prevent sending more than one comment every 5 seconds

Or, just only click the button once. tongue

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#3 2012-12-28 12:06:18

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:

Sometimes, we assume the comment was not sent, and don't want to refresh (like if we are using the project), and click it again tongue

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#4 2012-12-28 13:24:52

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

Sometimes, we assume the comment was not sent, and don't want to refresh (like if we are using the project), and click it again tongue

You don't need to refresh...
It uses AJAX and automatically gets the new comments.

#5 2012-12-28 13:29:19

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

The comment may not be displayed sometimes (ex. high cpu usage, bad connection). This happened on Scratch before.

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#6 2012-12-28 13:31:11

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

The comment may not be displayed sometimes (ex. high cpu usage, bad connection). This happened on Scratch before.

I implemented code where after you submit a comment, you can't submit any more until the comment is displayed.

#7 2012-12-28 13:33:46

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

I implemented code where after you submit a comment, you can't submit any more until the comment is displayed.

That's good smile

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#8 2012-12-29 15:15:43

LS97
Mod Share Team

Jacob, I think it's better to implement a flood prevention of 40 seconds between comments.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#9 2012-12-29 18:37:28

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

LS97 wrote:

Jacob, I think it's better to implement a flood prevention of 40 seconds between comments.

That would be rather difficult to code, though. The way the current AJAX code works, it would be difficult.

#10 2012-12-30 14:16:46

LS97
Mod Share Team

jvvg wrote:
LS97 wrote:

That would be rather difficult to code, though. The way the current AJAX code works, it would be difficult.

Add a "last comment time" field to the database for each user and check whether that time + 40s has gone by. Just make sure the user-side code retains a copy of the comment until it receives a 200 "all good" reply.

Not too difficult.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#11 2013-02-19 18:02:11

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

I don't think this works in some cases - Today I commented, the comment area froze, I clicked again assuming it didn't work, and a few seconds later, both comments came up.

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#12 2013-02-19 19:11:27

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Yeah, I saw that. I'll check the code as soon as I can (which is tomorrow).

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0