Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-16 21:24:00

danwoodski
Mod Share-er

High Scores

You should make a site-wide high scoring system, using something similar to ScratchLive.  You could make a block for Panther to export scores, and have an option to enable high scores on your game.  Then, you could have a box show up next to the game showing that game's scores, if high scores are enabled.
I'm not sure how plausible this is, but if you programmed this whole forum, it shouldn't be too hard, right???:D

#2 2012-02-16 22:44:13

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
Website

Re: High Scores

Well, it would actually be pretty hard to do that. The only way we can currently have users submit scores is by entering them, and I don't think that everyone is honest.
And actually, I didn't program the whole forum. I took FluxBB and added some modifications.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

#3 2012-02-17 21:24:12

danwoodski
Mod Share-er

jacob wrote:

Well, it would actually be pretty hard to do that. The only way we can currently have users submit scores is by entering them, and I don't think that everyone is honest.
And actually, I didn't program the whole forum. I took FluxBB and added some modifications.

But if you made a block for scratch that exported the score directly from the game to a database, then users wouldn't have to enter their score.  The only problem, other than coding the whole thing, would be getting mod devs to put this block into their mods.
EDIT: You could just use the code already made on ScratchLive...all you'd have to do is set up a database and stuff on this site!

Last edited by danwoodski (2012-02-17 21:52:10)

#4 2012-02-17 22:38:24

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
Website

danwoodski wrote:

But if you made a block for scratch that exported the score directly from the game to a database, then users wouldn't have to enter their score.  The only problem, other than coding the whole thing, would be getting mod devs to put this block into their mods.

Yeah, that's an issue. Most mods aren't tailored for Mod Share (in fact, I can only think of two that have any Mod Share functionality at all: Bingo and Insanity).

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0