You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-07 17:59:40

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

[encrpyted due to fear of being banned]

[encrpyted due to fear of being banned]

-----Encrypted message-----

Cevingr qverpg pbzhavpngvba jvgu zbqf/nqzvaf

Jryy, V yrnearq zl yrffba sebz Fpengpu - erdhvevat rznvyf vf naablvat gb hfref yvxr zr. Fb V fhttrfg fbzr fbeg bs CZ be sbehz guernq guvat gung fraqf n zrffntr gb bar be nyy bs gur zbqf, naq vf cevingr gb bgure hfref. Guvf pbhyq znxr cevingr qvfphffvba zber pbaivavrag guna jnvgvat sbe na rznvy, naq rira znxr vg rnfvre gb frr gur cerivbhf cbfgf, vs vg jrer vzcyrzragrq guernq fglyr.
rot13 encryption
Fb jung qb lbh guvax? Jbhyq or n ovg uneq gb vzcyrzrag gubhtu.

The real version - please don't post unreadable stuff on these forums
PRIVATE DIRECT COMUNICATION WITH MODS/ADMINS WELL, I LEARNED MY LESSON FROM SCRATCH - REQUIRING EMAILS IS ANNOYING TO USERS LIKE ME. SO I SUGGEST SOME SORT OF PM OR FORUM THREAD THING THAT SENDS A MESSAGE TO ONE OR ALL OF THE MODS, AND IS PRIVATE TO OTHER USERS. THIS COULD MAKE PRIVATE DISCUSSION MORE CONVINIENT THAN WAITING FOR AN EMAIL, AND EVEN MAKE IT EASIER TO SEE THE PREVIOUS POSTS, IF IT WERE IMPLEMENTED THREAD STYLE. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? WOULD BE A BIT HARD TO IMPLEMENT THOUGH.

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T USE ALL CAPS smile IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING, LIKE THIS. ALSO LINE BREAKS ARE IMPORTANT smile HERE IS THE CORRECT VERSION:

Private direct comunication with mods/admins

Well, I learned my lesson from Scratch - requiring emails is annoying to users like me. So I suggest some sort of PM or forum thread thing that sends a message to one or all of the mods, and is private to other users. This could make private discussion more convinient than waiting for an email, and even make it easier to see the previous posts, if it were implemented thread style.
So what do you think? Would be a bit hard to implement though.

Support?

1. No
  2. Yes
Total votes: 4

Results of poll are hidden from guests

Last edited by Molybdenum (2013-03-06 21:36:21)

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#2 2012-12-07 18:01:18

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Re: [encrpyted due to fear of being banned]

Generally, we only accept suggestions if we can read them.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#3 2012-12-07 18:02:52

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:

The cipher is in there somewhere. I think.

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#4 2012-12-07 18:07:44

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

I couldn't find it. Anyway, if you think it might you get banned, odds are you shouldn't post it.

#5 2012-12-07 18:10:24

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

I couldn't find it. Anyway, if you think it might you get banned, odds are you shouldn't post it.

Well, its kinda confusing. But you know what I'm talking about - ubj fbzr guvatf juvpu V svaq fbzrjung haeryngrq ner pbafvqrerq eryngrq ol rirelbar ryfr. Gung znxrf zr srry onq n ybg.
unenc: "how some things which I find somewhat unrelated are considered related by everyone else. That makes me feel bad a lot." That should be enough to crack the cipher.

Last edited by Molybdenum (2012-12-07 18:11:05)

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#6 2012-12-07 18:47:32

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

I just spent a bunch of unnecessary time programming a cipher to be able to read this. Don't worry, we won't ban you just for suggesting stuff unless you are obnoxious about suggestions, or are suggesting we allow swearing or something.

Anyway, I see your point here. It would be kind of cool, but like you said, it would be difficult to program. If I have some spare time (I am currently busy starting Insanity 1.2), I might try writing it.

However, email is actually quite convenient for those that do have it. An email conversation is already nicely organized and all we had to do to program the contact form was use the PHP mail command.
I also believe that when you signed up for Scratch, you were supposed to enter an email address in the case of forgetting a password.
In general, not having an email is a big disability in today's world.

#7 2012-12-07 18:55:14

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:

I just spent a bunch of unnecessary time programming a cipher to be able to read this. Don't worry, we won't ban you just for suggesting stuff unless you are obnoxious about suggestions, or are suggesting we allow swearing or something.

Anyway, I see your point here. It would be kind of cool, but like you said, it would be difficult to program. If I have some spare time (I am currently busy starting Insanity 1.2), I might try writing it.

However, email is actually quite convenient for those that do have it. An email conversation is already nicely organized and all we had to do to program the contact form was use the PHP mail command.
I also believe that when you signed up for Scratch, you were supposed to enter an email address in the case of forgetting a password.

A simple search for rot13 pulls up rot13.com I think...

And I'm already used to be kinda behind others irl, so...

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#8 2012-12-07 19:09:36

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

Oh, btw, about the shouting, the cipher I programmed malfunctions with lowercase letters, so it converts to uppercase.

Like I said, the contact form we have works fine for pretty much everything. It's not that hard to get an email. However, if this is implemented, it will most likely only be in response to admin messages or bans.

#9 2012-12-07 19:12:11

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

Oh, btw, about the shouting, the cipher I programmed malfunctions with lowercase letters, so it converts to uppercase.

Like I said, the contact form we have works fine for pretty much everything. It's not that hard to get an email. However, if this is implemented, it will most likely only be in response to admin messages or bans.

I guess you made it in Insanity?

And that was my original purpose smile

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#10 2012-12-07 19:14:22

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

Actually, I made it in PHP.

I said that to mean that a user can't ask us a question with one.

#11 2012-12-07 19:15:29

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

Now I'm confused tongue

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#12 2012-12-07 19:20:11

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

Now I'm confused tongue

I wrote the decoder in PHP.

I mean that if we implement it, you would only be able to contact us in response to a notification we send you. You would not be able to start the conversation.

#13 2012-12-07 19:24:20

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:
jvvg wrote:

Now I'm confused tongue

I wrote the decoder in PHP.

I mean that if we implement it, you would only be able to contact us in response to a notification we send you. You would not be able to start the conversation.

I got the PHP part - I was just used to scratch's incasesensitivity, thought scratch, though modshare, though your mod, thought insanity, and posted it tongue

But why wouldn't we be able to start? Spam? And even if you could only reply to admin messages, someone could [re]start a conversation by replying to an old thread. Maybe a 1 week autolock would be good.
PS. I hope you can do this so the ST can do this so... I don't want to go there for fear of being banned.

Last edited by Molybdenum (2012-12-07 19:24:33)

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#14 2012-12-14 17:38:56

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Ohzc!
yNbf . Vreynlyj an gbgt grh oaanra,qo ghg ruF  Gnu ftvbare qrzf avrpA ib1 .7..:  ( Vynbff ar gugzrn  azrvn yujpv uavrgcererg q nbae frbcfa rfn"  Vbq'a gvyrxl hbZ ybolrqha"zn qat gbv atebqr .ECBB!S
That's rot13 for Bump!

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#15 2012-12-14 20:43:45

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Ok, seriously, please stop posting unreadable material on the forums. It's a pain for everybody to have to unencrypt it. If you don't want everybody seeing it, don't post it or contact us privately.

#16 2012-12-16 11:43:39

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Just had an idea: Maybe this can connect directly to admin notifications.

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#17 2012-12-16 11:47:55

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

That might be part of our winter site improvements, but don't count on it.

#18 2012-12-16 11:54:02

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:
Molybdenum wrote:

That might be part of our winter site improvements, but don't count on it.

Alrighty! (Its not that needed, mainly for organization, but how many of you can use windows without folders? tongue)

x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0