Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-29 21:08:06

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

FAQ: What do we do when we find inappropriate content?

This site is closely related to Scratch, and is also a site used by people of all ages. So, all content submitted must be appropriate and can't be excessively rude.

So, if anything posted is inappropriate, mean, or spam, then we will remove it. We will also warn the creator not to do it again.
If the creator has received several warnings recently, then we must go further and ban the creator.
When a user is banned, they will see a page explaining the situation. It looks like this:
screenshot-1348967032.png

The user then can contact us to request to be unbanned. When contacting us, please be polite. If you sincerely believe it was a mistake, then please tell us that. If it was something that you did, then please don't try to place the blame on someone else, because we probably won't trust you and will make the ban last longer.
When a user requests to be unbanned, if it was a mistake, then we unban them immediately. If it wasn't a mistake but we trust the user, then we will ban them for 6 days, possibly more or less depending on how bad the content was. If we don't trust the user, then we will ban them for longer.

wr5t1.png2h6dij7.png293kn7c.jpg2lwke37.png
Programmer • Runner • Mod Share Admin

#2 2012-10-02 12:22:09

dvd4
Mod Share-er

Re: FAQ: What do we do when we find inappropriate content?

You have been banned for being too awesome. lol

R.I.P scratch

#3 2013-03-01 12:44:35

Devloper123
Mod Share-er
Website

Helpful,I'll do a project on this

30tt0ec.jpg
MY MOD!!!!!3463i3k.jpg
t8rrjp.gif

#4 2013-03-02 13:46:10

SFollis
Mod Share-er

Joke --> But what if your last ban time was 0? 0 * 2 = 0, so... You wouldn't be banned tongue <-- Joke
Good idea making it look like scratch blocks. It can really help people understand better.

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

#5 2013-03-02 14:31:43

Molybdenum
Mod Share-er

Hmm, I didn't see the scratch(byob?)blocks on my last two bans.
And are the bans permanent by default? If so, I'd assume it'd be a good idea to send an email as fast as possible no matter what. But that raises a problem - A user could just send a rude request, and since its still a request, the ban would be only 2 times the last ban. I don't think that's the case. And as SFollis said, you could just become untrusted before you get banned, send a message, and have a ban of 0 days tongue
But if the bans are not permanent by default, then sending a request may extend the ban time - If the user is trusted, he'd have to wait 6 more days, when his temporary ban might have only 1 day left. Similarly for the untrusted branch.

So I think that should maybe be clarified. A good method (for temporary interpretation) would be to say 6 day ban for a first ban (or should it be 3 days?) and ban length doubles each time. If a user requests to be unbanned, and is not rude, to set the unban time to 6 days or the end of the original ban, whichever comes first (may just half the time remaining?). If he is rude, add 6 days (I think?) to the ban time.
With a permanent interpretation, a request would "initialize" the ban timer similarly. However, any rude requests won't initialize the ban timer, and would extend the actual ban time 6 days.

...And maybe that was why the blocks were removed in the first place tongue

Please help! Free ads on my next project on Scratch for helpers! Love-its on your 5 most recent projects (also with ads) for people who fix the entire problem!
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA - ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE / I've quit MS. Why? ":P". Feel free to land on Europa now, and you might contact me at intf.tk or intforums.com, but remember the 49 minute time lag between Europa and Earth.
x8HDw.gif
SHA-256 confirmation

#6 2013-03-02 14:58:40

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

Molybdenum wrote:

Hmm, I didn't see the scratch(byob?)blocks on my last two bans.
And are the bans permanent by default? If so, I'd assume it'd be a good idea to send an email as fast as possible no matter what. But that raises a problem - A user could just send a rude request, and since its still a request, the ban would be only 2 times the last ban. I don't think that's the case. And as SFollis said, you could just become untrusted before you get banned, send a message, and have a ban of 0 days tongue
But if the bans are not permanent by default, then sending a request may extend the ban time - If the user is trusted, he'd have to wait 6 more days, when his temporary ban might have only 1 day left. Similarly for the untrusted branch.

So I think that should maybe be clarified. A good method (for temporary interpretation) would be to say 6 day ban for a first ban (or should it be 3 days?) and ban length doubles each time. If a user requests to be unbanned, and is not rude, to set the unban time to 6 days or the end of the original ban, whichever comes first (may just half the time remaining?). If he is rude, add 6 days (I think?) to the ban time.
With a permanent interpretation, a request would "initialize" the ban timer similarly. However, any rude requests won't initialize the ban timer, and would extend the actual ban time 6 days.

...And maybe that was why the blocks were removed in the first place tongue

Yeah, we decided to remove the blocks because we changed our policies. I was just too lazy to update that screenshot.

Our new policy is that we set ban time based on the seriousness of the offense and how often the user has been banned before (if at all). For the most part, bans are temporary by default, but if a user contacts us and apologizes, that can shorten the ban. However, if a user says anything rude in a message asking to be unbanned, we will simply extend the ban time (usually by a week per rude message) without question or discussion.

#7 2013-03-02 15:15:22

SFollis
Mod Share-er

jvvg wrote:

Yeah, we decided to remove the blocks because we changed our policies. I was just too lazy to update that screenshot.

Our new policy is that we set ban time based on the seriousness of the offense and how often the user has been banned before (if at all). For the most part, bans are temporary by default, but if a user contacts us and apologizes, that can shorten the ban. However, if a user says anything rude in a message asking to be unbanned, we will simply extend the ban time (usually by a week per rude message) without question or discussion.

That's a good idea! Also, how many users have been banned before?

the above post has been found that the following
o There might be a typo
o I am awesome
o You are awesome

#8 2013-03-02 15:22:24

jvvg
Mod Share Team
Website

SFollis wrote:
jvvg wrote:

That's a good idea! Also, how many users have been banned before?

There have not been many for bad behavior, but I'd rather not give the exact number.
However, there have been a lot of other bans just to test various components of the ban system (but those only banned accounts/IPs controlled by LS97 or me).

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0