Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-14 22:59:09

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
Website

People banned for apparently nothing

A couple people have contacted me saying they were banned and haven't done anything bad. Let me clarify this for everyone. If that is the case with you, then please contact us (there is a contact form on the ban page), as it is a code error. You haven't actually done anything bad. I think I have fixed it, but am not sure. If this happens to anyone, again, PLEASE use the contact form so we can fix it.

Anyway, I think I fixed the ban code, but am not positive. That is why I am posting this.

Also, at some point, I thought I'd share our policy for bad behavior.
If someone posts something inappropriate, we will remove the content and warn the user through messages.
If the user keeps at it, we will ban him/her for as many days as we see appropriate. For the first time, it will probably be 3-5 days.
If the user has been banned before, then we will make the bans longer. They can go up to a year, or even longer.

When a user asks to be unbanned, if we believe them and they seem honest, we will go to the ban panel and unban them. However, if they are rude, we may extend the ban.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

#2 2012-07-15 05:37:54

LS97
Mod Share Team

Re: People banned for apparently nothing

Moving to announcements as it seems like this topic deserves more attention.

LS97 - Mod Share Admin

#3 2012-07-15 13:32:46

sanjayraj
Mod Share-er

Well, I suggest that an admin explains to them what they exactly did, in a notification message, not just saying that they are banned just for violating the terms of use.

9NzZs.png

#4 2012-07-15 14:03:47

ftf841
Mod Share-er
Website

LS97 wrote:

yikes an admin posted in the wrong topic yikes 0.o

Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa! Stop Cispa!

#5 2012-07-15 14:09:15

jacob
Website

ftf841 wrote:
LS97 wrote:

yikes an admin posted in the wrong topic yikes 0.o

Sorry...

sanjayraj wrote:

Well, I suggest that an admin explains to them what they exactly did, in a notification message, not just saying that they are banned just for violating the terms of use.

Now we do include a reason. If it doesn't give you a reason, then you can be sure it is an accident.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

#6 2012-07-18 16:12:20

jacob
Website

stevetheipad wrote:

That's waaay too nice. If someone spams with inappropriate images you'll just warn them?

Well, in that case, we could ban them. But in most cases, we would just give a warning.

zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0