Link to Mod Share Mod Share

  Users Browse Upload Forums Log in

Mod Share Forums

Welcome to the Mod Share forums.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-20 14:46:02

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Post reporting

Today, I implemented a feature that will hide a post if it is reported 3 times before a moderator reads any of them.
However, this will NOT ban the user. This site requires all accounts to be verified against Scratch, so spambots are about nonexistent. We also just trust the users here.


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

#2 2012-06-20 22:15:36

sanjayraj
Mod Share-er
Registered: 2012-05-01
Posts: 80

Re: Post reporting

I noticed that. Also, congratulations on becoming a moderator!


9NzZs.png

Offline

#3 2012-06-21 00:08:43

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Post reporting

sanjayraj wrote:

Also, congratulations on becoming a moderator!

I've always been a moderator here, I just decided to put it in my user title today.


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

#4 2012-06-21 11:10:03

stevetheipad
Retired Community Moderator
Registered: 2012-03-22
Posts: 82

Re: Post reporting

Upload it as a mod! And don't tell me you don't have the code.


stevesnewsignature.jpg                     
Stevetheipad - SDS Curator, Programmer and Designer

Offline

#5 2012-06-21 12:30:22

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Post reporting

stevetheipad wrote:

And don't tell me you don't have the code.

Oh, I have the code, but this time, I'm keeping it confidential.


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

#6 2012-06-21 22:29:40

sanjayraj
Mod Share-er
Registered: 2012-05-01
Posts: 80

Re: Post reporting

sanjayraj wrote:
jacob wrote:
sanjayraj wrote:

Also, congratulations on becoming a moderator!

I've always been a moderator here, I just decided to put it in my user title today.

Oh. Sorry, i didn't know because earlier it just said that you were on the mod share team.


9NzZs.png

Offline

#7 2012-06-22 00:51:21

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Post reporting

sanjayraj wrote:
sanjayraj wrote:
jacob wrote:
sanjayraj wrote:

Also, congratulations on becoming a moderator!

I've always been a moderator here, I just decided to put it in my user title today.

Oh. Sorry, i didn't know because earlier it just said that you were on the mod share team.

What's with you putting everything you say in the [ quote ] tag?


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

#8 2012-06-22 19:17:01

stevetheipad
Retired Community Moderator
Registered: 2012-03-22
Posts: 82

Re: Post reporting

jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

And don't tell me you don't have the code.

Oh, I have the code, but this time, I'm keeping it confidential.

I don't understand, it isn't a security leak and it can't leak anything.


stevesnewsignature.jpg                     
Stevetheipad - SDS Curator, Programmer and Designer

Offline

#9 2012-06-22 19:20:00

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Post reporting

stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

And don't tell me you don't have the code.

Oh, I have the code, but this time, I'm keeping it confidential.

I don't understand, it isn't a security leak and it can't leak anything.

If we give out the code, there could be a potential flaw, and I really don't want everyone knowing if there is and then abusing it.
So yes, it actually can be a security leak.

Besides, we are under no obligation to give out our source code, especially not on the forums.


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

#10 2012-06-22 19:37:14

stevetheipad
Retired Community Moderator
Registered: 2012-03-22
Posts: 82

Re: Post reporting

jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:
jacob wrote:
stevetheipad wrote:

And don't tell me you don't have the code.

Oh, I have the code, but this time, I'm keeping it confidential.

I don't understand, it isn't a security leak and it can't leak anything.

If we give out the code, there could be a potential flaw, and I really don't want everyone knowing if there is and then abusing it.
So yes, it actually can be a security leak.

Besides, we are under no obligation to give out our source code, especially not on the forums.

Understood.


stevesnewsignature.jpg                     
Stevetheipad - SDS Curator, Programmer and Designer

Offline

#11 2012-07-13 12:49:27

jacob
Mod Share Team (now jvvg)
From: Eastern United States
Registered: 2011-12-25
Posts: 375
Website

Re: Post reporting

I just updated the code.
Before, there just had to be 3 reports. However, this could be abused (someone could just report the post 3 times).
However, now, there must be 3 different accounts, and they all must have Mod Share-er status (over 10 posts).


zwgbewe1gbewzygbewizgbew
Fear me, all powerful forum moderator! tongue

Offline

Board footer

This is part of Mod Share v4.0